FREE E BOOK!

My Heavy Journey - The Secrets

Friday, March 20, 2009

I Master My Mind!

As mentioned in an earlier post, I attended Harv Eker's MYM a few weeks ago.

A few days ago, I was really put to the test, whether I 'graduated' from MYM.

A friend, T, was supposed to pick me up at a certain time to meet someone else. At the appointed time, no sign of T. I called. No answer.

Since I'm a stickler for punctuality, I made my way to the appointment venue. Of course, thousand and one things were running through my mind. Where is T? Why didnt T call me? What happened? Is T ok? I was fuming and I kept telling myself, I Master My Mind. Different people colour their wizards differently (one of the activities in MYM). Be calm and cool. Everything is neutral.

Lo and behold, as I was about to reach the venue, T called. I was partly relieved that T is ok. And partly fuming. Fine. Be calm, I tell myself.

So when we finally met face to face, T told me what went on. T went to the mall to purchase a new handphone! In my mind, $%*#. But what came out of my mouth is 'You are late cos you went to buy a new handphone???'

I was so upset that I couldnt talk. Cos I know if I start talking, I will say the wrong things. Of course, T apologised.

That night, I went home and started sharing my insights and thoughts with a very good friend of mine. I asked myself, what can I learn from this incident? How different am I before MYM and after MYM? Am I over reacting?

Eventually, I realised that I have to accept T for T's personality make up should I want to have a good relationship with T. And I also realised that during such time, it's very important to look at the BIG picture. What is important to me? How will T affect me?

Same in FitLine. I have come across many idiosyncrasies in prospects that I am already numbed to them. Of course, out of each, I always ask myself 'What can I learn from this'? And cos of that, I emerge unscathed. Not like 5 years ago, I was scarred. I have learnt to move on. Just focus on the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment