FREE E BOOK!

My Heavy Journey - The Secrets

Monday, March 30, 2009

I dont like to sell

I recently attended a talk about IT given by an ex finance person.

I'm glad that he is not the typical accountant who are normally very left brain and boring. He was quite engaging, and he encouraged all of us to always grab the opportunity to present and not to shy away from public speaking.

This is where I find that I disagree with him. Or should I say he conflicted himself. He mentioned that he doesnt enjoy the limelight and yet he encouraged all of us to be visible to everyone who mattered. Isnt that being in the limelight?

And I equate being in the limelight to selling yourself. Every second, every minute of the day, we are selling ourselves. We are selling our skills and our capabilities to the market place which can bring lots of wealth to us, if we do it correctly and do it well.

And when I share about the business opportunity of FitLine to people who are not very exposed to the idea of MLM, first thing that comes to their mind is - I dont like to sell. Yes, FitLine involves selling, as there is an exchange of money for the products. That is the definition of sales. But dont we sell all the time? When we dine at a fantastic restaurant, we share with our friends (we are selling the restaurant). When we watch a superb movie, we share with our friends. Bottomline is, we ALWAYS talk about what we believe in and passionate about. That is sharing to me. Getting people to listen to what we believe in it and if they are convinced, we can share with them the goodness of the products.

And the uniqueness of MLM is it pays to share with people about what you are passionate about. Isnt it an interesting concept? That you are paid to talk about your love and passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment