FREE E BOOK!

My Heavy Journey - The Secrets

Sunday, April 5, 2009

May I Help You?

A few days ago, I had such a wonderful experience with the store manager of a local pharmacy chain. Having been in Malaysia for almost my entire existence, I have given up hope on our service industry.

The people at the front line are always so plain - no smile, doing the minimal, and sometimes, trying to escape not doing the minimal. And the worst of the lot, very rude and arrogant.

So, my meeting with Miss Y truly brighten up my evening. I was looking for knee supports for my upcoming Mount K trip. She was not only helpful, she suggested which brand to get. I know that she's not pushing the brand for the sake of it as I have tried another brand in the market for my ankle. Not only $$$, they dont work. And she vouched for its inefficacy before I shared my view.

As I proceeded to pay, as usual, I would always ask for discount (learnt this from one of the seminars, haha). To my surprise, she obliged, offering her staff discount to me and throwing in another sample freebie!

What a delight meeting her! This is what the service industry should be about. Helpful, courteous and always of service to the customer. I was so taken by her level of standard that I called her the next day to thank her (didnt have time to thank her then, since customers came to her) and I told her that I would write in to the pharmacy chain HQ and mention that she did a great job (and I did email to the HQ)

Isnt it great? That you received such good service? Especially when it's beyond their call of duty? Of course, on the giver's case, they do it out of sincere call of duty, and if they are appreciated, they enjoy their work more.

Coming back to my business, FitLine. MLM is partly a service industry too. I do my best to be of service to my Team Partners. Some express appreciation, some just take it as it is, and some just take it like I owe my life to them. Of course when someone expresses appreciaton, I feel like dancing on the moon. And that makes all the work worthwhile and that makes you overlook those who dont appreciate you.

Like what my upline always says - Look Beyond...

2 comments:

  1. It's great kowing there are great people around! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, there's still hope for humanity and kindness!

    ReplyDelete