FREE E BOOK!

My Heavy Journey - The Secrets

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Did I do something ...?

I was at the printing shop the other day.

Since I am a regular at the shop, I do things on my own, ie send file to the printer, change the coloured paper in the feeders on my own and collect them. (it's faster this way, rather than waiting for the owners of the shop to do it for you!)

The only thing I dont do is the stapling of the booklets.

So everything was settled in half hour. The only thing left outstanding was paying the bill. And only the lady boss is authorised to write the bill.

I waited for 5 minutes. She's busy. Fine

I said, "Auntie, collect money". She was still busy. Waited for another 5 minutes

Her son "Ma, collect money". She was still busy. Waited for another 5 minutes

Her husband "Collect money ah". She was still busy. Waited for another 5 minutes

I was getting rather impatient. Then, lo and behold, another customer came. She came to pay her outstanding bill. Immediately, the lady boss attended to her.

I was like &*$%. What did I do to offend her and make her ignore me? I could feel that both her son and husband were feeling bad for me, that I had waited so long.

I dont tolerate rudeness. So I just packed up my printed materials, told her that I pay her next time since she is too busy to collect my money. She was a little taken aback. She didnt expect me to do that.

Before I left the shop, I told her husband loudly that I will be back next time for my name card.

What's with this people? Wherever we are, we are in the service industry. Customer is king. I have always treated the owners well, creating small talks whenever I'm there.

I'm really thinking it's high time I look for another printing shop. People who treat their customers badly dont deserve their customers. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment