FREE E BOOK!

My Heavy Journey - The Secrets

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Being different, like doing MLM

Ever since I lost my weight early last year, I have resigned to the fact that I actually enjoy exercising, especially in the outdoors. I really enjoy the greeneries, chirping of the birds, humming of the insects and of course, being away from the concrete jungle.

Yesterday, instead of my usual brisk walk/jungle trekking, I cycled instead. And that's the thing about Malaysians/Asians in general. If you are doing something uncommon, people stare. Stare at what? For being different? I have no idea.

And mind you, in my 45 minutes of cycling, I got a few stares. Cars actually slowed down, overtook me and turned around to see me.

I was just cycling, donned in my helmet.

Same like in MLM. Since my background is in Finance, many, especially the baby boomers' generation cant understand why I didnt pursue a career in Finance.

Why not work to the top, be a Financial Controller and earn a comfortable and juicy paycheck of 5 figure a month? Why, instead, want to do sales (ie MLM), attend countless seminars and always subject to rejection?

My answer? Because I know what is the result that I will get, when I have sown my seeds of success, much faster than in the corporate world. Anymore arguments on that, I just move on. No point wasting my time and energy on people who dont matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment