FREE E BOOK!

My Heavy Journey - The Secrets

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hold your bladder!

After so many days of forgetting that I have a TV at home (had been very busy for the past few days), I finally had a chance to switch it on.

And what was on? The Amazing Race. I used to follow each episode during the earlier days when they started showing. I enjoyed watching the sceneries, local activities in that country and of course, antics of the participants. After watching a few episodes, I somehow could predict, which couples will be in the top 5.

Yesterday's episode was the pre-finale (down to 4 couples). This couple, 2 sisters, who got eliminated, was only a few minutes away from the 3rd couple. And what went wrong? During the last activity, one of the sisters had to eat lots of exotic food. To help her to chow down, she drank a lot of water. So, when they were near the checkpoint of that leg of the race, she HAD to pee. And, due to the toilet break, they were eliminated.

This reminded me of someone's sharing at a seminar. If you cant hold your bladder for an important meeting/presentation, what makes you think you can hold/persist other more important things in life?

Or if you cant hold on, or persist just another bend on the road, what makes you think you will reach your destination? Thus, when I encounter any challenges in FitLine, I always tell myself, it's just ANOTHER bend on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment