FREE E BOOK!

My Heavy Journey - The Secrets

Saturday, January 31, 2009

In Memory of my Grandma

Although this blog is meant to talk /share views on FitLine, I feel that I have to add this post, as a form of respect and honour to my Grandma, or Ah Po, as I fondly call her.

My Grandma recently passed on, on 29 January 2009. She passed on at the age of 97 years old, thus Chinese age is 100 Years old (Chinese age need to add 3 years to the IC age).

Although we are all sad that she has passed on, but her legacy lives on. She is a very kind hearted and tolerant lady. She came to Malaya when she was 16 years old, living her family behind, to escape the harsh poverty in China. Here, she endured hardship for many years and manage to raise 4 wonderful and successful children.

My Grandma raised both my brother and myself since my parents were working. I have many fond memories of her, compared to my other cousins, since my Grandma were with us most of the time.

I am glad that I was able to be with her on her last few days before she left us. My family were staying vigil at the ICU ward. Before she left us, we kept assuring her that we truly love her. Death is an inevitable part of life. All of us have to go through it.

My belief is - Live a good life. Dont have regrets at the end of it. Surround yourself with family and good friends. Be of service to others. My motto in life is to 'be healthy, wealthy and happy'.

Rest in Peace, Ah Po.

No comments:

Post a Comment